Job Number: 331901
- Wash and prepare fruits and vegetables; arrange salad ingredients in attractive manner and refrigerate until meal time
- Use recipes to measure and mix ingredients; prepare meats and fish in various ways; test food by tasting, smelling or piercing to determine that it is cooked-through; maintain proper temperatures for hot and cold foods; apportion servings according to menu combinations or patients' orders
- Assist with ordering meat, poultry and fish for use in meal preparation
- Provide assistance with tray set-up, salad preparation, and procuring food from refrigerator, freezer or other storage areas, etc.
- Maintain cooking area in a clean, neat and orderly manner
Prefer a High School diploma or equivalent education with one year of experience in institutional cooking.
current food handler's certification