Job Number: 343797
Methodist Rehab Hospital; a joint venture with Kindred Healthcare is seeking a Nurse Manager.
Methodist Rehabilitation Hospital, is a 40-bed JCAHO and CARF accredited freestanding Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) located at 3020 West Wheatland Road in Dallas, TX.
Methodist Rehabilitation Hospital’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, efficient medical rehabilitation to persons with disabling conditions in order to provide them the opportunity to achieve the highest attainable level of functional improvement. Specialty programs include
stroke rehabilitation, brain injury rehab, orthopedic physical therapy, and amputation treatmentsThe goal of our team is to focus on each patient as an individual to ensure that we are meeting their clinical needs and creating a fun and dynamic healing environment. Each employee’s dedication is essential to meet and exceed the needs of each patient, resident and family we serve. Ranked as one of Fortune magazine’s “Most Admired Healthcare Company” for 9 years, Kindred welcomes you to join our team and build a career that touches lives.
As a Nurse Manager / RN you will:
- Responsible for the overall direction and supervision of patient care activities and nursing personnel of a nursing unit.
- Consults with staff, physicians, and Program Director on nursing problems and interpretation of hospital policies to ensure patient needs are met.
- Ensures nursing staff follows policy and procedures, participates in the investigation and preparation of reports.
- Ensures adequate staffing for nursing units.
- Has authority and responsibility for implementing the Standards of Nursing Practice related to all nursing care areas and functions.
- Acts as the administrative representative in the absence of Program Director.
As a Nurse Manager / RN you will have:
- Bachelor's degree required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Additional state requirements as applicable. Equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may substitute for education requirements.
- Registered Nurse / RN in the state.
- BCLS Certification.
- ACLS Certification.
- Minimum three years' experience in all aspects of medical surgical nursing.
- Minimum two year's supervisory experience preferred.
If you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here.