Job Number: 319528
If you are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, join the team of Dignity Health Rehabilitation Hospital. This newly constructed hospital serves patients recovering from strokes, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries, and other conditions. The 50-bed hospital is a joint venture partnership between Dignity Health and Kindred Healthcare in Chandler, Arizona.
Under the direct supervision of the Manager of Nutrition and Food Services, the Dietary Aide performs a variety of patient food service and dish duties:
- Prepares food trays for general and therapeutic diets.
- Prepares and delivers items as requested by patient care units or patients.
- Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner
- Prepares special diet foods as necessary.
- Delivers food carts to patient care units. Returns carts to kitchen at designated times.
- Takes charge of dishwashing duties by using safety policies in place.
- Washes specified items by hand, i.e., pots, pans, knives.
- Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as needed.
- Puts clean dishes and utensils away.
- Mops floors as scheduled and as necessary.
- Cleans walk-in refrigerators and storage areas.
- Cleans countertops, tabletops, and steam wells.
- Uses cash register to ring up appropriate items for purchase and follows appropriate cash handling procedures.
High School diploma or GED preferred. Experience in preparing food trays for general and therapeutic diets highly desirable; willing to train. Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing. Additional languages preferred. Prior experience in a hospital setting preferred. Must demonstrate ability to be a team player.