Job Number: 293918
If you are looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity, join the team of Dignity Health East Valley Rehabilitation Hospital. This newly constructed hospital serves patients recovering from strokes, brain and spinal-cord injuries, amputations, complex orthopedic injuries, and other conditions. The 50-bed hospital is a joint venture partnership between Dignity Health and Kindred Healthcare.
The PRN Rehab Tech is responsible for preparing treatment areas, cleaning treatment areas, positioning patients, procurement and inventory of supplies, transporting, and assisting patients and therapist.
· Transports patients to and from the Therapy Gym.
· Prepares patient for prescribed treatment and assists professional staff with patient treatment.
· Follows plan for discharge and discusses with clinical staff any additional discharge concerns which arise during care of the patient.
· Prepares, cleans and maintains treatment areas and equipment.
· Procures and keeps an accurate inventory of all therapy supplies.
· Performs routine clerical tasks for Therapy Department.
· Assists in repositioning patients.
· Assists Speech Therapy in monitoring patients in Dysphasia Dining room.
· Other duties as assigned.
High School Diploma or GED.
CPR Certification preferred
Must have the ability to deal with cognitively impaired patients.
Experience in performing daily scheduling preferred.
Must be computer proficient in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Position has a minimum of two years experience as a rehab technician required.