Job Number: 360394
Responsible for the direction and oversight of Therapy Services for the hospital. Coordinates and supervises operations of the department, administers physical agents prescribed by a referring physician. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Assures competency of all personnel. Assists in formulating budget, evaluates department performance versus budget and takes appropriate action to remain in budget guidelines. Develops and implements system of reviewing department charges, ensures that patient charges are accurate and entered on a timely basis. Maintains efficient and effective department operation while requiring compliance with all state, federal and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and Joint Commission regulations.
Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
Wears identification while on duty
Attends departmental in services and completes annual competencies/education requirements.
Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff.
Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
Complies with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety, infection control and emergency management.
Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- Current licensure as a Physical Therapist, Occupational Therapist or Speech and Language Pathologist in the State of TN.
- Minimum of three years of previous therapy management required
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate, evaluate and direct activities of clinical personnel; effective oral and written communication skills, in English with additional languages preferred; proficiency in basic computer skills required
Physical and Safety Requirements:
- Good general health and stress coping ability. No special physical demands are required to perform the work. Normal walking, standing, sitting, bending, carrying of light items such as books and papers and computer related work. Ability to clearly and effectively communicate with all constituents (patients, families, peers, and other healthcare team members) as needed for leadership, assessment, intervention, and professional development.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising patient care.