Job Number: 358302
Methodist Rehabilitation Hospital, our beautiful, 50-bed JCAHO and CARF accredited freestanding Inpatient Rehabilitation Facility (IRF) located at 3020 West Wheatland Road in Dallas, TX.
Methodist Rehabilitation Hospital’s mission is to deliver comprehensive, efficient medical rehabilitation to persons with disabling conditions in order to provide them the opportunity to achieve the highest attainable level of functional improvement. Specialty programs include stroke rehabilitation, brain injury rehab, orthopedic physical therapy, and amputation treatment.
Our mission is to promote healing, provide hope, preserve dignity and produce value for each patient, resident, family member, customer, employee and shareholder we serve. Join us!
The PRN Housekeeper/EVS Aide performs cleaning duties in the hospital facilities in order to keep it in a clean and orderly condition.
- Clean patient rooms, restrooms, lounges, offices, corridors, walls and windows daily or as scheduled.
- Vacuum, sweep, mop floors; replace paper and soap produces in restrooms, clean mirrors, sinks and toilets, etc.
- Perform all duties in a safe and professional manner and in accordance with department policies and procedures.
- Report any malfunctions and maintenance problems.
- Perform minor repairs such as changing light bulbs as needed.
- Adheres to all infection control policies and procedures
- Reports safety hazards to supervisor.
- May assist with office or room moves as needed.
- Recognizes problems and assumes responsibility for helping to solve them when they occur.
- Consistently performs job duties in an independent manner with minimal direct supervision required.
- Communicates information about incidents involving self, patients, staff and/or visitors to appropriate parties, using facility incident reporting system.
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments and staff
- Complies with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety, infection control and emergency management
- Other duties as described in job description provided at job site
Must have high school diploma/GED or previous hospital experience
Previous experience in health care environment is preferred