Job Number: 363200
The Materials Management Manager is responsible for managing, purchasing and handling materials for the Hospital.
- Completes weekly inventory of items needed. This includes identifying weekly inventory need for all departments and special requests.
- Utilizes appropriate vendors by locating needed products with best pricing for all medical and office supplies. Keeps abreast of new products and possesses extensive product knowledge.
- Informs the Business Office Manager and Controller when a new inventory item is requested. Outlines detailed reason for the request.
- Obtains Purchase Order numbers. [Purchasing Agent or Controller have access to obtain.]
- Fills out PO with all information. Obtains approval and signatures as required.
- Coordinates purchase orders and packing slips to ensure items have been ordered (via fax, email, telephone, or online) and received properly.
- Files the PO for reconciliation purposes against the packing list upon shipment arrival. Processes all corresponding paperwork.
- Submits paperwork to Accounts Payable for payment upon receipt of invoice. Communicates AP needs to vendor, such as tax form requirements.
- Manages year-end inventory.
- POS System for chargeable supplies. Update price file for chargeable items accordingly.
- Maintains hospital equipment maintenance and repair with Biomed vendors.
- Assists with maintenance of phones and computer equipment. Manages Hospital zone phones.
- Manages shipping and receiving of all materials for building.
- Maintains and organizes stock in all clean rooms, medical room supplies, hallway cabinets, etc. for 17 locations.
- Checks inventory regularly for expired items and donate to charity.
- Researches products for purchase to reduce cost while maintaining uncompromised patient care.
- Explores and implements cost containment measures.
- Researches and sources specialty equipment and products from vendors for patients with special needs. Organizes delivery via van driver, courier or self-delivery.
- Purchases items at local retail stores for patients or hospital as needed [with personal credit card submitted for expense reimbursement].
- Meets with vendors as needed. Negotiates vendor contracts.
- Explores new product initiatives to increase Hospital scoring.
- Assists with New Product Trials.
- Orders all rental equipment. Works with Housekeeping to best utilize resources prior to ordering rental equipment. Negotiates best pricing and service for all patient rental equipment. [Includes beds, wheelchairs, walkers, BiPap/CPap, CPMs, mattresses.] Works with administrative staff to maintain rental list (noting days of rentals, equipment serial numbers).
- On call 24/7 for emergent needs.
- Assists Board of Managers with certificate of liabilities for all vendors.
- Adheres to dress code, appearance is neat and clean.
- Maintains regulatory requirements, including all state, federal and Joint Commission regulations.
- Maintains and ensures patient confidentiality at all times.
- Reports to work on time and as scheduled.
- Wears identification while on duty.
- Attends departmental in-services and completes annual competencies/education requirements.
- Works at maintaining a good rapport and a cooperative working relationship with physicians, departments, and staff.
- Represents the organization in a positive and professional manner.
- Complies with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire, safety, infection control and emergency management.
- Complies with all organizational policies regarding ethical business practices.
- Communicates the mission, ethics and goals of the hospital, as well as the focus statement of the department.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor's preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in purchasing preferred.
- Must be able to deal tactfully with patients, physicians, visitors, and the general public.
- Good communication and organizational skills.
- Must be able to follow written and oral instructions.